Sunday, October 31, 2010

Secrets Keep You Safe

Sometimes, I feel like reverting to the sixteen year-old I never was.  Stealing cigarettes from my mom's boyfriend.  Playing hooky.  Kissing perfect strangers. Living the cliché of reckless abandon.  It's about that time that I reach for a pen.

When I listen to music, my fingers automatically press up against imaginary ivory keys.  I miss my piano.

My brother is the only other person I feel comfortable singing in front of.

I like a dash of cinnamon in my coffee.

Sometimes I put on lipstick even when I'm not going anywhere.

I wrote poetry before I ever wrote fiction.

Despite what I say...I actually feel if I found the right person, I'd be ready for marriage.  But not kids.  But I'd be a good mother when I am.

I don't understand those that "grow out of" concerts.

The most romantic thing a man could ever give me is my own library.  I've been swooning over Belle's since 1991.

At some point in time I want to be the girl with the tambourine.


Song of the Moment: Achin to Be - Pinhead Gunpowder (Shoot the Moon EP)

No comments:

Post a Comment