Sunday, March 17, 2013

Reflective

Looking back over old posts, it's strange to find that, one, I was rather silent last year considering how much I experienced and faced.  Two, that I can read moments that I remember so vividly, they feel as if they happened only last year, and yet they occurred two years ago.  As it stands, I do not have the time to relive everything that happened within the last year or so that has managed to slip away, but I do have a few moments to remind myself what I have endured and learned.
  1. I confronted.
  2. I learned the power and privilege of having a voice.
  3. I discovered that your world can, and often will, shift beneath your feet.  Stumbling through this is allowed, so long as you try to get your footing.
  4. I learned that dreams are attainable, but not without risk or exposure.
  5. Hope, Faith, and Love carries us farther than we can fathom.
  6. Sometimes parting ways is necessary.
  7. What we expect and deserve is not always what we get.  Some days this is for the worst, but most days this is for the better.
  8. Transparency is refreshing, frightening, and necessary.  I suck at this.
  9. I struggle with things I am just beginning to understand.
  10. And, on that note...I understand nothing
  11. I am in need of a loving, forgiving, patient, loyal, redeeming God.
  12. My greatest strengths can be my greatest weaknesses, and my greatest weaknesses can be my greatest strengths.
  13. I have so much more to learn, grow, live, and love.  
  14. I cannot take how I live for granted.  It compromises who I am, until I find I am reduced to a mere product of my impulses, desires, and fears.
  15. The darkness I carry in me is darker than I want to know.  But the light is much brighter than I can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment