Monday, November 15, 2010

"And out of the red, out of her head she sang"

I think certain things come along in life to remind you of the capacity you have to connect—to ideas, to things, to people, to God.  To remind you that there are good things in the world whether or not they stay that way.  Isn't that sort of gracious?  I realized you can live your entire life in fear of something, anything really, or enjoy what you can when you can.  Not that everything in life is there for you to enjoy, what right does any of us have to lay claim to that?  But to be able to see the goodness in all things, and to be satisfied with your lot, wherever it may fall, seems to be an art worth mastering.


Song of the Moment: I Still Believe - Frank Turner (I Still Believe - Single)

And I still believe in the saints
Yeah in Jerry Lee, Johnny and all the greats.

And I still believe in the sound
That has the power to raise a temple and tear it down.
And I still believe in the need
For guitars and drums and desperate poetry.
And I still believe that everyone
Can find a song for every time they've lost, and every time they've won.
So just remember folks, 
We're not just saving lives, we're saving souls!
And we're having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment