Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Traveling Mercies

I wanted to board a plane today, to anywhere really, but found myself in that ever-American predicament of being richer than 93% of the world, but not rich enough to see it.  So I went home and traveled the only way I knew howI applied the brightest shade of red polish I could find (O.P.I.'s The Thrill of Brazil) and sat in my room and spun a little Jets to Brazil.

I thank God for the little things that keep me sane and hungry.


Song of the Moment: Cat Heaven by Jets to Brazil (Perfecting Loneliness)
Some things interweave so intimately with your soul it becomes part of your identity.  Not superficially but spiritually.  That is this band for me.  That is this album.  Every person should lay in the dark and listen to it and know they are understood and seen.
So, Captain please consider me
Let the boats deliver me when I close my eyes, 
Drive, Captain, drive.
'Cause it's time for everything to be perfect.
For everything to stop hurting.
Tonight.

1 comment: